Monday 16 March 2015

Baked Butterfly Shrimp with Herb & Cheese Stuffing

Baked Butterfly Shrimp 

with Herb & Cheese Stuffing



Hello Lovelies, today I'm sharing with you something that I came up with after a wonderful restaurant experience that I combined with the ideas in my head! Guess what's better than Shrimp stuffed with cheese? Shrimp marinated in a lime, garlic & butter vinaigrette and topped with your favourite cheeses! So, let me tell you how to make this simple and truly decadent comfort food! 

Firstly, 'behead', wash and de-vein your shrimp by making and incision along the back of the shrimp right up to the tail. Make sure not to cut right through so as to keep the shrimp with its skin intact as 1 piece. De-vein the shrimp and wash it under cold running water and then pat dry each shrimp.

Make a lime and garlic vinaigrette by mixing the juice of half a lime, 2 tablespoons of melted butter, 2 tablespoons of garlic paste, salt & pepper to taste, some chopped tarragon & cilantro. I used this quantity of vinaigrette and stuffing for 12 medium-sized shrimps. Stuff each shrimp with the vinaigrette filling and top with grated mozzarella and cheddar cheeses. Bake in a pre-heated oven on 180 C for 20 minutes or until cheese bubbles and browns up. 

Serve with a spicy salsa dip/ tabasco sauce. Feel free to experiment with your choice of herbs. Some do it with spring onions / green onions and some may choose to use fresh Italian herbs. Do whatever floats your boat and let me know what worked best for you!! This recipe is a must try for all cheese lovers!

Watch this space for more such yummilicious recipes and comment below to tell me what you'd like for me to cover for you next!

Lots of love,
SaloFalo
xx






No comments:

Post a Comment